The Shepherdess


The Shepherdess (1889) (Pastourelle) by William-Adolphe Bouguereau

I love this painting. Bouguereau did another one with this same model called The Bohemian. I remember first seeing The Bohemian on a junior high field trip to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. I chose it for the topic of my report and even bought a postcard of it.

Okay, so she isn't a real shepherdess, just a model, but I still like it. As a mom, my job is to guide, nurture and guard my four little lambs to adulthood. As a homeschool mom, I get to teach them too. Not just about life but also the three R's and everything else that goes with it.

The shepherding lifestyle is nomadic. That certainly describes us! We are currently living in our motorhome in Arizona while my husband is down here for work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri State Dinner

C is for Carnival