The Skies Have Opened!

As I sit here typing, the rain is pouring down. Earlier this afternoon the kids and I had fun watching the giant, puffy white clouds in the sky and pointing out the shapes we saw. I told them, "They will just go around us like they've been doing for the past week." Well, I was wrong. Finally, a real thunderstorm! A big wind came through, the temperature dropped about 10 degrees and then the rain started.

We were at the pool when the dark clouds began to fill the sky. We had only been there about 20 minutes. Then when the lightning started, the lifeguards closed the pool. The thunder has been booming non-stop.

The monsoon season was officially called over the weekend. I guess that is what the rain was waiting for.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri State Dinner

C is for Carnival

Nebraska State Dinner