Green Beans

I'm hesitant to buy certain fresh vegetables at the grocery store. I'm used to eating green beans fresh from the garden. Green beans from the store are usually tough. And peaches from the store? Forget it! I came across a recipe that sounded so good I had to buy some fresh beans. I'm glad I did! The beans were nice and tender and they tasted wonderful!

Here is the recipe I found at Meals Matter:

Green Beans and Pan-Roasted Red Onions

5 cups water
1 lb green beans, trimmed
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 red onions, each cut into 8 wedges (I used 3 very small onions)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add beans. Cook 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; keep warm.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; saute 8 minutes or until browned. Add broth; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar and remaining ingredients. Stir in beans; cover and cook 2 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri State Dinner

C is for Carnival

Nebraska State Dinner