Weekly Report 5

We didn't finish our week as planned but we got a little accomplished.

I started my 4 yo daughter on a handicraft. I could tell she was ready for something. She already helps me in the kitchen. She loves to chop green peppers and celery. (Onions burn the eyes.) She is the official "salt girl" when we make popcorn. I pour on the melted butter and she sprinkles the salt. But she needed to do something more. We've started simple sewing exercises. I found what I needed on clearance at WalMart. Only $2!


I bought some yarn, children's plastic needles, and some plastic canvas. Here's what her first attempt looked like. At least she enjoys it!


Our 6 yo son had to give it a try too.


He also started Year 1 of the Ambleside curriculum this week. He has been doing math, spelling and copywork since July. Music and Bible reading have always been family activities. I think all we added was reading a few Aesop's Fables. But it's good to start slow, right? He narrated the fables back to me without any prompting. I think he will be an easy one to teach!

Our oldest, on the other hand, does not enjoy his schoolwork very often. I recently asked him, after a history lesson, if he didn't find it at least a little bit interesting. He shrugged and said, "I guess so...a little bit." I guess that is better than "I hate it!" I need to come up with more hands-on projects for him. He is definitely a kinesthetic learner.


Comments

my5wolfcubs said…
Hmm, your oldest two sound just like my oldest two.

I like the plastic canvas idea!

Lee

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri State Dinner

C is for Carnival

Nebraska State Dinner