Sad Songs

My favorite thing is when my kids connect with what they are learning. Our folksong last term was Cockles and Mussels. This afternoon we listened to it again, just to refresh our memories. My 6 year old son said, "This song breaks my heart." Then a moment later, "Play it again. I like sad songs. Is this song real? Did she really die from a fever?" Our folksong this term is The Minstrel Boy, another sad song.
Our hymn for this month has been It Is Well With My Soul. The song is not sad but the story behind it is. If you have never heard this story, you can read it here.

Comments

Sis said…
I love the hymn, but I didn't know the story. That's amazing.

Beth
Dawn Shelton said…
OH! I had heard it was a sad story, but never knew the details. I already feel moved to tears when I sing this hymn, but will never be able to sing it now without thinking of this man and his family.

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri State Dinner

C is for Carnival

Nebraska State Dinner