Minnesota State Dinner




I have started a new blog at https://creativeinstinct.blog/ and moved my State Dinner and information there. Come visit my new site!


Wild Rice Soup
Lefse
Milk (official state beverage)
Blueberry crumb bars


Wild rice is Minnesota's official state grain. For many years, Minnesota produced almost all of the world's wild rice. It was a staple food for the Ojibwa, Cree and Menomini Native American tribes. Lefse is a traditional Norwegian flat bread and still a popular treat among Minnesotans. Milk is the official state beverage. Blueberries can be found wild throughout Minnesota.

This dinner is very white. I lived in Minnesota from about age 5 until I was married. I remember after having dinner at someone's house, we remarked how everything on the plate was white. Growing up with parents raised in the South, we were more used to sweet tea with dinner than milk and definitely used to more spices! My kids loved the wild rice soup, lefse and blueberry bars though! (My seven-year-old daughter added plenty of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning to her soup!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri State Dinner

C is for Carnival

Nebraska State Dinner