Redneck Limo Service


The day before we left Oregon for Arizona my husband brought home a little Subaru Justy. He was excited that it weighed about 500 lbs less than the small Mazda truck we had planned to tow behind our motorhome. This light little car has been sitting on a mechanic's rack for over a week now. Something in one of the wheels broke and the mechanic is still waiting for a part. (I'm thankful we are in walking distance of a grocery store, library, and my husband's place of work.)

The auto repair shop shares the lot with the RV dealer where my husband works. The mechanic felt badly that our part still hadn't arrived. He offered for our use a white stretch limousine.

What would you do if you had a limo all evening? Get a sitter for the kids and paint the town with your husband? Dress up and cruise the downtown area? Get a friend to play chauffeur? If you are anything like us, you would put your four kids (three of whom were barefoot) into the posh car, stop at garage sales and do a little shopping at Wal-Mart.

I guess I'll never learn to be sophisticated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C is for Carnival

Missouri State Dinner